Every homeowner delights in the luxurious delights and comforts of their home, and this includes a nice warm carpet for the feet to rest on after a long hard day out. The carpet is one essential and convenient part of any room in the house and requires utmost care and attention which we rarely accord it. Luckily for most of us, this is a timely article which will focus entirely on the care of the carpet regarding cleaning it. There are some common mistakes that we make in the name of cleaning our carpets, but we just don’t know the grievous harm and damage we are subjecting them to. We shall see exactly how and how not to clean a carpet and all the other measures to be taken to ensure the durability status of the carpet and its equivalents.
Common carpet cleaning mistakes
Our carpets are bound to get dirty and messed up from time to time, but it is all up to us to see how best to clean it up without causing any harm or damages to the carpet. Here are some of the mistakes we make when cleaning our carpets and we should try as hard as possible to avoid them;
- Carpets vary from one texture and design to another, and this is a factor that dictates different cleaning techniques. We tend to ignore such and go about our cleaning techniques the best way we know how. This is not right; we must adhere to the manufacturers’ specific instructions on how much pressure to apply when cleaning your carpets.
- When we opt for the heavy washing of our carpets, we leave them out to dry in the sun for too long. The powerful rays of the sun could damage the fabric and tenacity of our carpets.
- In the case of spillages on the carpet such as gravy, we just sweep it off and go on with our other duties. This should not be the case as the spillages that fall on the carpet tend to multiply and give rise to some unsightly microorganisms that will give you a hard time when cleaning your carpet in future.
Tips on how to clean your carpet effectively
- When your carpet is infested with all the dirt, messes and spills you can think of, don’t give up, there are simple and effective ways to get out of this mess and get your carpet all good as new.
- Whether your carpet is dirty or not, it needs to be thoroughly vacuumed to avoid infestation by unbearable and tiny creatures. Vacuum it twice or even thrice a day especially if your family spends most of their time indoors. Vacuuming helps to keep the dust bunnies at bay and your carpet fresh at all times.
- You can also take it out to have some sun and fresh air for the better part of the day.
Maintenance of the carpet
After having done all the necessary to ensure it is clean and fresh, avoid taking your meals and drinks on the carpeted area of your house. This means that you have to be very careful on how to handle your edibles because in most cases, they play a major role in how dirty your carpet becomes.